Monday, January 17, 2011

Mac & Retna Mural - "Of Our Youth"

I spotted this the other day driving on La Cienega between Washington and Jefferson. This Mac and Retna project was completed in August of 2010 and is their most recent mural to date.

It Reads:
"So today I'm trying to change a few things to rectify the situation of my past. So today I'm looking towards the future (of our youth highlighted)"


The Mac and Retna are artists who are on my list of future masters.  Each artist has his own unprecedented style and technique. Mac paints the figures, using spray paint. Retna paints the calligraphic text, using spray paint and acrylic.

They have collaborated several times in recent years, and have gained growing attention and applause for the powerful and beautiful murals they've painted in Los Angeles and several other cities around the world.



www.elmac.net
www.digitalretna.com

No comments:

Post a Comment